Ambassador Artist Denise Soden celebrates naturally opaque pigments in her Embrace Opacity Da Vinci Watercolor Palette, a 12-color set that contains half-pans of Denise’s custom colors, Denise’s Gray and Stormy Blue.
Denise’s Gray is a softly granulating blend of pigments that she has been using for years in her own studio to paint an array of animals such as elephants, koalas, chinchillas, and Weimaraners. Stormy Blue appears nearly black when painted in its masstone, but when set free in a wet wash, it separates into rich dark blues and warm earthy reds for a truly unique experience.
Denise’s Embrace Opacity palette also contains a carefully chosen collection of earth yellows, oranges, and reds along with complementary shades of blue, teal, and green. Titan Buff adds a beautiful range of pastels while Lilac adds a surprising level of versatility. Denise's custom colors, Denise’s Gray and Stormy Blue can stand on their own or be used with any other color in the palette to create moody, atmospheric mixtures.
“Many new artists are instructed to avoid opaque watercolors because they can cause muddy mixes, so it can take years for artists to discover the beauty in these often overlooked pigments. While some craft-grade watercolors can be opaque due to chalky, low-quality fillers, the professional watercolors in this set contain naturally larger and denser pigments than those found in transparent watercolors. This quality makes these colors useful for creating soft, velvety textures and results in a unique painting experience that one can’t find in transparent watercolors or gouache alone.” -Denise Soden
Learn more about Denise's Embrace Opacity palette at our blog and more about Denise at her website.
Denise's Embrace Opacity Da Vinci Watercolor Palette contains the following colors:
- Titan Buff (PW6 - Opaque)
- Naples Yellow Deep (PBr24/PY53 - Opaque)
- Raw Sienna (PBr7 - Semi-Transparent)
- Terra Cotta (PR102 - Semi-Opaque)
- Indian Red (PR101 - Semi-Opaque)
- Violet Iron Oxide (PR101 - Semi-Opaque)
- Lilac ((PV19/PB29/PW6 - Semi-opaque)
- Cerulean Blue Genuine (PB36 - Opaque)
- Cobalt Turquoise Deep (PB36 - Semi-Opaque)
- Chromium Oxide Green (PG17 - Opaque)
- Denise's Gray (PB36/PR101 - Opaque)
- Stormy Blue (PB60/PR101 - Semi-Opaque)
Da Vinci Artist Watercolors are available in 8mL, 15mL, and 37mL tube sizes. We also offer artists a unique and broad selection of professional watercolor sets in hand-filled pans or tubes along with various artist-grade watercolor painting mediums.
- Small batch process ensures the highest craftsmanship
- High concentration of premium pigment is finely milled for maximum vibrancy
- Responsibly sourced, pure gum arabic
- Proprietary 2-in-1 formula with amazing rewetting properties: Use Da Vinci Watercolors straight from the tube or fill your own watercolor pans and rewet
- Made in USA with craftsmanship quality
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov