(PB29 - Transparent)
One of the most prized blues for centuries that once fetched a price higher than gold, Ultramarine Blue is considered by many artists to be the quintessential blue in a palette. With its professional craftsmanship and beauty in form and function, Da Vinci Ultramarine can easily serve as a solo blue in a limited palette.
When it comes to mixes, Da Vinci Ultramarine deserves a blue ribbon. Use it for creating colors for skies, seas, and everything in between including verdant greens, rich darks, bold violets, soft browns, transparent teals, and more.
Da Vinci Paints is proud to offer a choice of artist-quality ultramarines for your palette, so have fun picking one or three! All of our Ultramarine Blue paints are made from the highest grade of pigment blue 29, or PB29, but each are carefully manufactured and handled to produce slight differences which result in variations between colors. Learn more about the differences in Da Vinci's ultramarines at our blog.
- Excellent fade-resistance (Lightfastness I)
- Made with Pigment Blue 29 (PB29) dispersed in the finest quality natural gum
- High concentration of premium pigment is finely milled for maximum vibrancy
- Transparent and granulates well
- Amazing rewetting properties. Use Da Vinci Watercolors straight from the tube or fill your own watercolor pans and rewet.
- Made in USA with craftsmanship quality