Da Vinci Ultramarine Violet Artist Watercolor is a highly transparent, lightly granulating, neutral purple. Its soft adaptability and light tinting strength make it perfect for painting delicate florals along with misty landscapes and luminous skies. Ultramarine Violet lifts easily and can be used in a glaze or underpainting, adding a cool, unobtrusive layer that won’t highly influence the final painting.
Ultramarine Violet is extremely useful in mixes for maintaining a highly level of transparency and adding a touch of granulation to colors. This single-pigment violet will easily yield soft neutrals, moody blues, muted violets, and more.
- Excellent fade-resistance (Lightfastness I)
- Made with Pigment Violet 15 (PV15) dispersed in the finest quality natural gum
- Transparent / Granulates well
Da Vinci Artist Watercolors are available in 8mL, 15mL, and 37mL tube sizes. We also offer artists a unique and broad selection of professional watercolor sets in hand-filled pans or tubes along with various artist-grade watercolor painting mediums.
- Small batch process ensures the highest craftsmanship
- High concentration of premium pigment is finely milled for maximum vibrancy
- Responsibly sourced, pure gum arabic
- Proprietary 2-in-1 formula with amazing rewetting properties: Use Da Vinci Watercolors straight from the tube or fill your own watercolor pans and rewet
- Made in USA with craftsmanship quality