Da Vinci Naples Yellow is a buttery soft yellow that’s carefully crafted to mimic the historical color that was prized by landscape painters for more than a century. Naples Yellow is known for its ability to evoke light in a painting and is useful for creating luminescence in skies, leaves, fields, seashores, skin tones, and more.
Although semi-opaque in masstone, Da Vinci Naples Yellow smoothly glazes into a semi-transparent, golden yellow. It works extremely well in mixes to create muted oranges, greens, and earths, or use Naples Yellow in final layers to create an atmosphere of radiance.
- Excellent fade-resistance (Lightfastness I)
- Made with Pigment Brown 7 & Yellow 73 & White 6 (PBr7/PY73/PW6) in the finest alkali refined linseed oil
Da Vinci Artist Oils are available in 37mL and 150mL tube sizes and in 300mL cartridges. We also offer artists a custom selection of professional oil sets along with various artist-grade painting mediums.
- Small batch process ensures the highest craftsmanship
- High concentration of premium pigment is finely milled for maximum vibrancy
- Soft consistency is perfect for easy mixing yet thick enough to achieve texture and brush marks
- Made in USA with craftsmanship quality