Venetian Red, named after the area where it was once mined near Venice, is a traditional brick-red earth that has been beloved by landscape and figure painting artists for centuries. From its rich mahogany coloration in masstone to its rosy displays in tints and shades, Venetian Red is a top pick for portraiture. In landscapes, yellows and greens seemingly sing atop a Venetian Red underpainting! This color also dries fairly quickly, making it a great choice for alla prima and plein air applications.
For a complete 3-color palette using Venetian Red, see Da Vinci's Warm Up Trio oil painting set.
Da Vinci Artist Oils are formulated with the finest pigments that are carefully blended and milled with the purest refined linseed oil to make an unrivaled oil paint that’s worthy of the Masters. Enjoy rich and full-bodied oil paint with a buttery, smooth consistency that paints, glazes, and mixes without losing vibrancy. Using quality ingredients, a high concentration of pigment, and our proprietary formulas, Da Vinci produces an exceptional professional oil paint that’s perfect for your fine art application.
- Excellent fade-resistance (Lightfastness I)
- Made with Pigment Red 101 (PR101) - Opaque
- High concentration of premium pigment is finely milled for maximum vibrancy
- Soft consistency is perfect for easy mixing yet thick enough to achieve texture and brush marks
- Vehicle: finest alkali refined linseed oil
- Made in USA with craftsmanship quality