Venetian Red, named after the area where it was once mined near Venice, is a traditional brick-red earth that has been beloved by landscape and portrait artists for centuries. Venetian Red is semi-opaque in masstone yet dilutes smoothly, mixes easily, and often displays a soft granulation. From Renaissance-style robes and lips to red rock cliffs and canyons, Venetian Red’s extensive uses make it easy to see why this color has withstood the test of time.
For a complete 3-color palette using Venetian Red, see Da Vinci's Warm Up Trio watercolor painting set.
- Excellent fade-resistance (Lightfastness I)
- Made with Pigment Red 101 (PR101) dispersed in the finest quality natural gum
- Semi-opaque / Staining / Granulates some
Da Vinci Artist Watercolors are available in 8mL, 15mL, and 37mL tube sizes. We also offer artists a unique and broad selection of professional watercolor sets in hand-filled pans or tubes along with various artist-grade watercolor painting mediums.
- Small batch process ensures the highest craftsmanship
- High concentration of premium pigment is finely milled for maximum vibrancy
- Responsibly sourced, pure gum arabic
- Proprietary 2-in-1 formula with amazing rewetting properties: Use Da Vinci Watercolors straight from the tube or fill your own watercolor pans and rewet
- Made in USA with craftsmanship quality