If you're looking for a bold black in watercolor, Da Vinci Lamp Black is the heart of darkness. This deep, cool dark is smokey and rich, perfect for painting midnight skies and mysterious shadows. Lamp Black is highly opaque in masstone but will easily dilute into velvety softness and produce smooth washes. When lightly diluted and used with a dip pen, Lamp Black also makes a lovely matte calligraphy ink. Mix Da Vinci Lamp Black with white to obtain a massive range of cool grays, or use Lamp Black to add a little noir to any painting.
- Excellent fade-resistance (Lightfastness I)
- Made with Pigment Black 9 (PBk6) dispersed in the finest quality natural gum
- Opaque / Staining
Da Vinci Artist Watercolors are available in 8mL, 15mL, and 37mL tube sizes. We also offer artists a unique and broad selection of professional watercolor sets in hand-filled pans or tubes along with various artist-grade watercolor painting mediums.
- Small batch process ensures the highest craftsmanship
- High concentration of premium pigment is finely milled for maximum vibrancy
- Responsibly sourced, pure gum arabic
- Proprietary 2-in-1 formula with amazing rewetting properties: Use Da Vinci Watercolors straight from the tube or fill your own watercolor pans and rewet
- Made in USA with craftsmanship quality