One of the most prized blues for centuries that once fetched a price higher than gold, Ultramarine Blue is considered by many artists to be the quintessential blue in a palette. Da Vinci Ultramarine oil paint is expertly crafted to be richly transparent with slight reddish undertones. This warm undertone can display a soft violet tint when mixed with white, which is one of the many reasons Ultramarine Blue is prized for painting skies.
With its high pigment load and buttery consistency, Da Vinci Ultramarine can easily serve as a solo blue in a limited palette. Use it for creating colors for skies, seas, and everything in between including verdant greens, rich darks, bold violets, soft browns, transparent teals, and more. Also useful for glazing and underpainting, no wonder many artists consider Ultramarine the perfect blue!
Da Vinci Artist Oils are formulated with the finest pigments that are carefully blended and milled with the purest refined linseed oil to make an unrivaled oil paint that’s worthy of the Masters. Enjoy rich and full-bodied oil paint with a buttery, smooth consistency that paints, glazes, and mixes without losing vibrancy. Using quality ingredients, a high concentration of pigment, and our proprietary formulas, Da Vinci produces an exceptional professional oil paint that’s perfect for your fine art application.
- Excellent fade-resistance (Lightfastness I)
- Made with Pigment Blue 29 (PB29) - Transparent
- High concentration of premium pigment is finely milled for maximum vibrancy
- Soft consistency is perfect for easy mixing yet thick enough to achieve texture and brush marks
- Vehicle: finest alkali refined linseed oil
- Made in USA with craftsmanship quality