Da Vinci Ivory Black is a soft black that's highly valued for its high tinting strength without being overbearing in mixes. Ivory Black can appear semi-opaque in masstone but easily dilutes into a transparent dark with slightly warm understones. Because Da Vinci Ivory Black is such an agreeable mixer, it can be used to darken nearly any color in a palette. Try mixing Ivory Black with yellow to quickly create a variety of greens.
- Excellent fade-resistance (Lightfastness I)
- Made with Pigment Black 9 (PBk9) dispersed in the finest quality natural gum
- Semi-transparent / Staining / Granulates some
Da Vinci Artist Watercolors are available in 8mL, 15mL, and 37mL tube sizes. We also offer artists a unique and broad selection of professional watercolor sets in hand-filled pans or tubes along with various artist-grade watercolor painting mediums.
- Small batch process ensures the highest craftsmanship
- High concentration of premium pigment is finely milled for maximum vibrancy
- Responsibly sourced, pure gum arabic
- Proprietary 2-in-1 formula with amazing rewetting properties: Use Da Vinci Watercolors straight from the tube or fill your own watercolor pans and rewet
- Made in USA with craftsmanship quality