Add a punch of color to your palette with Da Vinci Red. This single-pigment, cherry red is perfect for painting all things bold and bright—from cardinals to chrysanthemums, sunlit landscapes to city scenes. Da Vinci Red is semi-transparent and useful for glazing but has great coverage in masstone. As a staple red in a palette, it’s extremely useful for mixing luscious pinks, rustic oranges, muted violets, and rich burgundies and browns.
Da Vinci Artist Oils are formulated with the finest pigments that are carefully blended and milled with the purest refined linseed oil to make an unrivaled oil paint that’s worthy of the Masters. Enjoy rich and full-bodied oil paint with a buttery, smooth consistency that paints, glazes, and mixes without losing vibrancy. Using quality ingredients, a high concentration of pigment, and our proprietary formulas, Da Vinci produces an exceptional professional oil paint that’s perfect for your fine art application.
- Very good fade-resistance (Lightfastness II)
- Made with Pigment Red 254 (PR254) - Semi-transparent
- High concentration of premium pigment is finely milled for maximum vibrancy
- Soft consistency is perfect for easy mixing yet thick enough to achieve texture and brush marks
- Vehicle: finest alkali refined linseed oil
- Made in USA with craftsmanship quality