Rich in history and heritage throughout the world, Alizarin Crimson has been valued for more than 3000 years as a dye and colorant. Da Vinci Paints was the first to formulate a lightfast version of Alizarin Crimson as an artist color, and for more than 40 years, we’ve offered our lightfast Alizarin Crimson to artist as an excellent substitution for the original pigment which is highly fugitive.
Deep red with slight blue undertones and high tinting strength, Alizarin Crimson is an excellent mixer and will produce an unlimited range of oranges and purples. Mixing Alizarin Crimson with green results in beautiful browns and rich earth tones along with varying shades of green, and this combination will also readily combine into a neutral gray or black. It’s no surprise that many artists find Alizarin Crimson indispensable when painting!
- Very good fade-resistance (Lightfastness II)
- Made with Pigment Violet 19 (PV19) dispersed in the finest quality natural gum
- Transparent / Staining / Granulates some
Da Vinci Artist Watercolors are available in 8mL, 15mL, and 37mL tube sizes. We also offer artists a unique and broad selection of professional watercolor sets in hand-filled pans or tubes along with various artist-grade watercolor painting mediums.
- Small batch process ensures the highest craftsmanship
- High concentration of premium pigment is finely milled for maximum vibrancy
- Responsibly sourced, pure gum arabic
- Proprietary 2-in-1 formula with amazing rewetting properties: Use Da Vinci Watercolors straight from the tube or fill your own watercolor pans and rewet
- Made in USA with craftsmanship quality